1. When will Phase 1 of Regathering begin?
LifeBridge will begin regathering on Sunday, June 14, for in-person services. Two Worship Services will be provided at 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM. To allow for social distancing in the auditorium, all attendees will need to sign-up for one of the two Worship Services and continue to attend the same Worship Service for the first 4 Sundays. We are eager to have room for potential guests as well, so we are limiting the sign-up capacity for each service to 75. But rest assured there will be more than enough room for everyone in light of having two services. Be sure to sign-up here or call the LifeBridge Office.
2. What is the Emergency Order of Kansas City regarding religious gatherings?
We are grateful Mayor Lucas has initiated the next phase of reopening the City. Under the current Emergency Order of Kansas City church gatherings are limited to 50% of building occupancy, provided social distancing is maintained. This order will remain in effect until at least Sunday, July 5.
3. I am 70+ years old or immunocompromised. Can I attend?
We welcome all ages! But if you are 70+ years of age or have underlying health conditions, we encourage you to consider carefully your level of risk associated with complications related to COVID-19 or to check with your doctor to see if it would be wise for you to attend one of our Worship Services. We know there are people who do not feel comfortable attending in-person gatherings yet out of health concerns. We respect that and encourage you to watch the Discovery Hour teaching with Pastor Chris (9:30 AM) and the Worship Service (11:00 AM) on Facebook.com/WeAreLifeBridge. The audio, video, and PDF notes will continue to be here and here on Sundays (typically before 1:00 PM).
4. Why do we need to sign-up for a Worship Service?
In order to create a spacious environment where social distancing can be maintained, we will have limited seating in the auditorium. Signing-up for a Worship Service helps us plan for your arrival and ensures we don’t exceed the maximum capacity for social distancing. We appreciate your willingness to sign-up and flexibility to attend a Worship Service at a different time.
5. Will my name or contact information be shared with anyone outside of LifeBridge?
No. By signing up for a Worship Service we will have an initial record of who is attending the first Sunday. But be assured, LifeBridge will not release contact info without first obtaining written permission from attendees. Per the Mayor’s emergency order attendees are not required to provide their names or contact information at any gathering. Providing contact information will help enable faster notification should someone be exposed to COVID-19 at an event.
6. Will online services still be provided?
Yes. For those who don’t feel comfortable attending just yet, you can still join us for our livestream on Facebook.com/WeAreLifeBridge. We encourage you to watch the Discovery Hour teaching with Pastor Chris (9:30 AM) and the Worship Service (11:00 AM). The audio, video, and PDF notes will continue to be posted here and here on Sundays (typically before 1:00 PM).
7. Are face coverings required to attend a Worship Service?
No. Face coverings are optional when worshiping at LifeBridge. Per the Mayor’s emergency order, as long as social distancing is maintained face coverings are not required for in-person gatherings. The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission. Anyone who wishes to wear a face covering should feel welcome to do so, and it is recommended where social distancing is difficult to maintain, such as in the hallways and restrooms.
8. Will coffee and donuts be available at either Worship Service?
At this time, no coffee and donuts will be provided at either service. You are welcome to bring your own coffee into the auditorium.
9. Will a nursery be offered during either Worship Service?
Yes. A nursery will be provided for babies – age 3 during both Worship Services. Please register your baby/toddler online for when you sign-up. The counter and toys will be disinfected between services, and thoroughly cleaned weekly. Nursery workers will wear a face covering when checking children in/out of the nursey if social distancing is difficult to maintain.
10. Will children's programs be offered during either Worship Service?
At this time, no children's programs (Promise Kids and Kingdom Kids) will be offered. However, kids are always welcome in the Auditorium for the service. And, yes, we understand they may be a little fidgety and noisy. That’s okay, we love kids and believe this is a great opportunity to worship together as a family and teach them the importance of corporate worship.
11. Will Discovery Hour Classes take place?
At this time, no Discovery Hour classes will take place primarily due to the social distancing guidelines mandated by the Emergency Order of Kansas City. We hope to be able to resume onsite Discovery Hour in the next phase of regathering, but it depends on the social distancing restrictions put in place by Mayor Lucas.
12. Will GrowGroups meet on Sundays?
Typically, our GrowGroups break for the summer months and restart in September. But in light of the coronavirus, they have continued to stay connected via Zoom or by other means. Most GrowGroups will continue to maintain contact during the summer months. Some may choose to meet in homes if the group is comfortable doing so. Contact your GrowGroup leader or Pastor Chris to see what is being planned.
13. What precautionary measures are being implemented?
The following measures have been put in place for Phase 1:
- Auditorium doors will be propped open before and after the service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Every other pew will be taped off.
- Coffee and donuts will not be provided (you’re welcome to bring your own coffee).
- Bulletins will not be provided; only the sermon notes will be available for those who wish to take one (PDF version will be available).
- Pens and Pew Bibles will be removed from the pews (Connection Cards and Giving Envelops will still be available for those who wish to use them and drop in offering plate/box).
- Offering plates will not be passed from person-to-person down the pews. Instead, an offering plate/box will be available at the Info Table for those who wish to give in-person. You may also give online at WeAreLifeBridge.com.
- Pre-packaged communion (bread and juice) will be served when Lord’s Supper is scheduled.
- We will dismiss by sections, and ask everyone to exit the auditorium (this ensures social distancing is maintained inside the auditorium and also gives time for the auditorium to be disinfected by the Sanitation Team).
- Hard surfaces in the auditorium and restrooms on the main floor will be disinfected between services.
- In addition, the church facilities will be thoroughly cleaned each week.
14. What personal guidelines are attendees expected to follow while attending a LifeBridge Worship Service?
We expect all attendees to abide by the following guidelines during Phase 1:
- Observe social distancing of 6 feet as mandated by the Emergency Order of KC for religious gatherings.
- As much as we miss each other, no physical contact (hugging, handshakes, etc.) except with other people in your family. A warm smile and a friendly hello are always encouraging.
- Households will sit together, and at least 6 feet apart from other households.
- At the end of the service please remain in your seat until you are dismissed by section and exit the auditorium. You’re welcome to fellowship outside in the grass where social distancing can be maintained.
- Monitor your health, and refrain from attending if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands often or use sanitizer, avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, and cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of your elbow.
- Stay home when you are sick or running a fever.
UPDATE Regarding Face-Coverings.
The amended Emergency Order of Kansas City, MO by Mayor Lucas states: “Effective Monday, June 29, all employees or visitors to any place of public accommodation must wear face-coverings in an area or while performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public where six feet of separation is not feasible.”
What does this mean for LifeBridge? Are people required to wear a mask when attending a Worship Service?
Where social distancing is not feasible, wearing face-coverings is now required instead of recommended as before. The previous Emergency Order also requires all religious gatherings to maintain social distancing.
Therefore, the implications for LifeBridge Worship Services are:
- Face-coverings are not required so long as social distancing is maintained. It is now imperative that we love one another from 6 feet apart, especially indoors.
- Face-coverings are required where it is not feasible to maintain social distancing, such as in the hallways, restrooms, nursery check-in area, and at times when entering and exiting the auditorium.
Exceptions to the face-covering requirement according to the amended Emergency Order are:
- Minors (anyone under the age of 18).
- People who have disabilities that prevent them from comfortably wearing or taking off face coverings or prevent them from communicating while wearing face coverings.
- People who have respiratory conditions or breathing trouble.
- People who have been told by a medical, legal, or behavioral health professional not to wear face coverings.
If you have additional questions, please contact us.