I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go into the house of the Lord!” Psalm 122:1
We look forward to seeing you on Sundays!
While the Worship Service is different due to social distancing, we invite you to join us at one of the two opportunities for corporate worship at 9:30 AM or 11:00 AM.
You can still join us online!
For those who don’t feel comfortable attending just yet, you can still join us for our livestream on Facebook.com/WeAreLifeBridge. We encourage you to watch the Discovery Hour teaching with Pastor Chris (9:30 AM) and the Worship Service (11:00 AM) on Facebook.com/WeAreLifeBridge. The audio, video, and PDF notes will continue to be here and here on Sundays (typically before 1:00 PM).
PHASE 1: Limited Gatherings with Strict Social Distancing Guidelines
Two Worship Services
To allow for social distancing in the auditorium we have two worship times at 9:30 AM or 11:00 AM. There is room enough for everyone. Guests are welcome.
The nursery will only be available at the 11:00 AM service. At this time, there are no children's programs (Promise Kids and Kingdom Kids). However, kids are welcome in the Auditorium for the service. There is still no Discovery Hour classes during Phase 1.
Our goal is to create a “touchless” Worship Service by removing physical “touchpoints” from entry to exit of the auditorium in order to mitigate contamination while understanding some levels of risk will always be present. This includes the following precautionary measures:
- Auditorium doors will be propped open before and after the service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Every other pew will be taped off.
- Coffee and donuts will not be provided (you’re welcome to bring your own coffee).
- Bulletins will not be provided; only the sermon notes will be available for those who wish to take one (pdf version will also be available).
- Pew Bibles will be removed from the pews (Pens, Connection Cards, and Giving Envelops will still be available for those who wish to use them and drop in offering plate/box).
- Offering plates will not be passed down the pews; offering plate/box will be available at Info Table for those who wish to give in-person. You may also give online at WeAreLifeBridge.com.
- Pre-packaged communion (bread and juice) will be served when Lord’s Supper is scheduled.
- We will dismiss by sections, and ask everyone to exit the auditorium (this ensures social distancing is maintained inside the auditorium and also gives time for the sanitation team to disinfect the auditorium).
- Hard surfaces in the auditorium and water fountain and restrooms on the main floor will be disinfected and sanitized between services.
- In addition, the church facilities will be thoroughly cleaned each week.
Serve on the Sanitation Team
The Sanitation team will disinfect the hard surfaces between services. You can attend the first service and stay after to sanitize or come early to sanitize and attend the second service. Sign-up here to serve on the Sanitation Team.
We expect all attendees to abide by the following guidelines during Phase 1:
- Observe social distancing of 6 feet as mandated by the Emergency Order of KC for religious gatherings.
- As much as we miss each other, no physical contact (hugging, handshakes, etc.) except with other people in your family. A warm smile and a friendly hello are always encouraging.
- Households will sit together, and at least 6 feet apart from other households.
- At the end of the service please remain in your seat until you are dismissed by section and exit the auditorium. You’re welcome to fellowship outside in the grass where social distancing can be maintained.
- Monitor your health, and refrain from attending if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands often or use sanitizer, avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, and cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of your elbow. Stay home when you are sick or running a fever.
UPDATE Regarding Face-Coverings.
The amended Emergency Order of Kansas City, MO by Mayor Lucas states: “Effective Monday, June 29, all employees or visitors to any place of public accommodation must wear face-coverings in an area or while performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public where six feet of separation is not feasible.”
What does this mean for LifeBridge? Are people required to wear a mask when attending a Worship Service?
Where social distancing is not feasible, wearing face-coverings is now required instead of recommended as before. The previous Emergency Order also requires all religious gatherings to maintain social distancing.
Therefore, the implications for LifeBridge Worship Services are:
- Face-coverings are not required so long as social distancing is maintained. It is now imperative that we love one another from 6 feet apart, especially indoors.
- Face-coverings are required where it is not feasible to maintain social distancing, such as in the hallways, restrooms, nursery check-in area, and at times when entering and exiting the auditorium.
Exceptions to the face-covering requirement according to the amended Emergency Order are:
- Minors (anyone under the age of 18).
- People who have disabilities that prevent them from comfortably wearing or taking off face coverings or prevent them from communicating while wearing face coverings.
- People who have respiratory conditions or breathing trouble.
- People who have been told by a medical, legal, or behavioral health professional not to wear face coverings.