I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go into the house of the Lord!” Psalm 122:1
We look forward to seeing you on Sundays!
While the Worship Service is different due to social distancing, we invite you to join us at one of the two opportunities for corporate worship at 9:30 AM or 11:00 AM.
You can still join us online!
For those unable to attend, you can still join us for our livestream on Facebook.com/WeAreLifeBridge. We encourage you to watch the Discovery Hour teaching with Pastor Chris (9:30 AM) and the Worship Service (11:00 AM). The audio, video, and study notes will continue to be here and here on Sundays (typically before 1:00 PM).
PHASE 1: Limited Gatherings with Strict Social Distancing Guidelines
Two Worship Services
We have two worship times at 9:30 AM or 11:00 AM to allow for social distancing in the auditorium. There is room enough for everyone. Guests are welcome.
At this time there is still no Discovery Hour classes during Phase 1.
Sunday kids ministries resume September 13 during the 11:00 AM Worship Service. This includes the Milk & Honey Nursery (Birth – Age 3), Promise Kids (Preschool – Kindergarten), and Kingdom Kids (1st– 5th Grade). Children are always welcome to worship with their parents or caregivers in either Worship Service.
Awana Clubs & Trek start September 9 and will run during the school year on Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:30 PM. Awana Clubs is for kids in K – 5th grade and Trek is for students in 6th – 8th grade. No Cubbies for preschoolers this school year. Registration is requested by parents or caregivers online or at the church prior to clubs starting each night. There will be limited van transportation. If transportation is needed, call Randy Wehner (816-878-2302) to check if transportation can be made available.
COVID-19 Precautions All kids ministries, including Awana Clubs & Trek, will practice social distancing where feasible. All kids and students are expected to wear face coverings, especially where social distancing is not feasible (Milk & Honey Nursery and Promise Kids are exempt from face coverings). Hand sanitizers will be available in classrooms.
Our goal is to create a worship environment where contamination of COVID-19 is reasonably mitigated while understanding some levels of risk will always be present. This includes the following precautionary measures:
- Auditorium doors will be propped open before and after the service except during cold and/or inclement weather.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering the auditorium and the main entrance to the church as well as classrooms and throughout the church.
- Every other pew will be taped off to provide for social distancing.
- Coffee and donuts will not be provided (you’re welcome to bring your own coffee).
- Bulletins will not be provided; only the sermon notes will be available for those who wish to take one (PDF available online).
- Offering plates will not be passed down the pews; offering box will be available at Info Table for those who wish to give in-person. You may also give online.
- Pre-packaged communion will be served when Lord’s Supper is scheduled.
- The church facilities will be thoroughly cleaned each week.
We expect all attendees to abide by the following guidelines during Phase 1:
- Observe social distancing of 6 feet. This is the most effective factor in mitigating the risk of contracting COVID-19 per the CDC.
- In accordance with the Emergency Order of KC, face coverings are required where it is not feasible to maintain 6 feet of social distancing, such as in the hallways, restrooms, and at times when entering and exiting the auditorium. Once you are seated socially distanced from others outside your family, you are welcome to remove your face covering.
- No physical contact (hugging, handshakes, etc.) except with other people in your family. A warm smile and a friendly hello are always encouraging.
Households need to sit together, and at least 6 feet apart from other households.Monitor your health, and refrain from attending if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days. Definition of COVID-19 exposure: fewer than 6 feet away for more than 15 minutes to an individual who has tested positive or who has been exposed to a known positive case and is exhibiting 2+ COVID-like symptoms, during their infectious period (two days prior to their test or first symptoms, until no longer showing symptoms or ten days after their positive test)
If exposed to COVID-19 positive individual or tested positive for COVID-19, you may return to in-person gatherings when: quarantine time is complete and free of fever, diarrhea, and vomiting for at least 24 hours without mitigating medications and respiratory symptoms are improving.
Practice good hygiene: wash your hands often or use sanitizer, avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, and cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of your elbow. Stay home when you are sick or running a fever.
At the end of the service you are welcome to fellowship inside the auditorium. Please respect others by maintaining social distancing as well as keeping the aisles and outdoor walkways clear for others to pass by.
The Importance of Gathering
We believe God calls His people to maintain a biblical expression of corporate worship as a local church. This is not an issue of whether or not we should gather, but how we should conduct in-person gatherings as a priority in the ongoing reality of COVID-19. We are thankful for the opportunity to gather in-person each Sunday to worship our Lord with His people, in His Spirit, under the authority of His Word. We look forward when all of those who call LifeBridge their church home are able to join us for corporate worship.
For those who are unable to attend due to underlying health issues or comorbidities, you can still watch the livestream at Facebook.com/WeAreLifeBridge. The audio, video, and study notes will continue to be posted online as soon as possible on Sundays.